Dude Ranch Guest and Hotel Manager
Location: Elkhorn Ranch - Montana 33133 Gallatin Road 59730
Type of work: Full Time
Location: Greenhorn Ranch - California 2116 Greenhorn Ranch Rd 95971
The Greenhorn Ranch Sales Manager is responsible for directing, planning, and achieving business goals through guest satisfaction and to increase revenues in all market segments. The Sales Manager will proactively work to identify and implement new strategies to achieve sales goals. In addition, the Sales Manager will work closely with the Executive Chef to ensure that service and food quality is delivered consistently and with the Marketing Manager to collaborate on Sales and Marketing strategies.
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
- Develops and manages comprehensive sales strategy to increase occupancy.
- Solicits new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through direct mail accounts from Marketing Department, inquiries from ads, telephone solicitations, outside sales, site inspections, and regional memberships in organizations, trade shows or written communications.
- Solicits and establishes corporate rate accounts with a potential to secure Sunday to Thursday room business.
- Works with Resort Operations Manager to develop Wedding/Event business.
- Solicits and establishes relationships with the travel agent community to capture Leisure sales market.
- Follows booking approval guidelines when bidding and negotiating on guest room rates, meeting room rental, functional space, and/or hotel services.
- Arranges and conducts special events, site inspections, and off-site presentations for prospective guests, as well as soliciting and generating new business.
- Entertains guests in accordance with established company and hotel policies and procedures.
- Develops a business plan including sales forecasting activities, and performance goals to meet or exceed room night, room revenue, and food and beverage revenue goals.
- Formulates, directs, and implements plans for soliciting business to include promotion and marketing development, and the coordination of sales for targeted markets.
- Reviews market analyses to determine guest needs, price schedules and discounted rates.
- Responsible for individual quarterly sales goals.
- Analyzes and control expenditures; presents recommendations for budgets, capital requests for the department; and strategic plans to achieve sales revenue goals.
- Maintains guest files, required records, gathers statistics and prepares reports as required.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates special projects to improve and enhance the guest service program.
- Joins local organizations to represent Greenhorn Ranch, establishes connections and networks within the industry, and builds relationships with local Convention Business Bureau, Travel Agents, and Meeting Planners.
- Conducts daily and/or weekly meetings with General Manager to review quotas and goals; incoming groups/meetings, and marketing promotions (working closely with the Marketing Manager).
- Strong customer service skills and displays a courteous, warm and professional manner at all times.
- Participates in Ranch staff meetings and company held events as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
5+ years of hotel sales experience with a proven track record of job performance, customer satisfaction and achievement of business plans and goals.
Preferred - 2 or more years of management/leadership experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: DOE with extensive commission potential.
Type of work: Full Time
More Information: https://www.greenhornranch.com/
Location: White Stallion Ranch - Arizona 9251 W Twin Peaks Road 85743
Year Round Housekeeping Position in Sunny Arizona
White Stallion Ranch
Type of work: Full Time
More Information: https://www.whitestallion.com
Location: Circle Z Ranch - Arizona PO Box 194 85624
The Server position at Circle Z Ranch for the 2019-2020 guest season begins on Monday, October 21st, 2019 and ends mid-April 2020.
Circle Z Ranch is seeking a Server that can meet our high standards of exemplary customer service and cleanliness. We serve a variety of cuisines and special diets including, but not limited to, Hypoallergenic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Asian, Mexican, and Italian. Attention to detail, along with a friendly and energetic personality are a must for this position.
The Server position will require exceptional communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to maintain our standards.
· Prompt preparation of dining areas for meals including tables, buffets, and Cantina as directed by lead and supervisor
· Take meal orders from guests when serving short order breakfast
· Serve meals and beverages to guests
· Comply with Santa Cruz County Health Department requirements
· Clear dining areas after meals
· Clean dining room, servery, cantina, and lodge including living room, porch, and bathroom (washing, vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, window washing)
· Organize and clean servery closets and appliances
· Pack provisions for all day rides and picnics
· Wash dishes as needed on a rotational basis
· Supervise younger guests during evening meal as needed on a rotational basis
· Assist with food prep as needed
· Efficiently adjust to last minute changes
· Attend staff and department meetings
· High School Diploma or GED
· 1-2 years serving experience
· Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
· Excellent physical condition and stamina to work irregular and long hours
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
· Food Handler’s Certificate (Circle Z Ranch will provide this training if hired)
Working Conditions for the Server position:
· Standing for long periods of time, lifting, reaching, stooping
· Working indoors and outdoors occasionally in inclement weather
· Working with sharp kitchen implements, appliances, and equipment
· Working with and around high temperatures from ovens, stoves, grills, food warmers, and other kitchen appliances
· Working weekends, nights, and holidays
· Extended periods of work without time off may be required
The specific requirements, duties and skills set forth in this job description are intended to be all inclusive as of date this document is prepared. Circle Z Ranch reserves the right to modify this job description at any time. This job description may not contain all the duties you may be asked to perform during the period you work at the ranch. Further, the job description is not a guarantee that you will perform any of these duties.
Type of work: Seasonal
More Information: https://www.circlez.com/about-us/employment/apply/
Each year our 100+ member ranches offer a variety of dude ranch employment opportunities. They hire many seasonal employees, and some year round employees, for such positions as wranglers, cooks, wait staff, housekeepers, maintenance workers, children's counselors and office workers. Most seasonal employees are hired by the Southern ranches for the months of September through May and by the Northern ranches for the months of May through October. Many northern ranches have last minute openings during the months of May and June. Compensation varies from ranch to ranch and position to position but usually includes salary, room and board, a share of the seasonal tip pool and use of the facilities and horses when off duty. Frequently the ranches have more applicants than positions, especially for positions related to the horses. Jobs on dude ranches typically involve hard work and long hours as well as participation in evening guest activities such as line dances, hayrides and staff talent shows. Good people skills and an ability to live and work well with others are required. The more flexible you are in the type of position you would like, the more likely you are to be successful.
Recommendation for Dude Ranch Employment Opportunities
Employment opportunities on ranches for non-U.S. citizens are extremely limited and almost non-existent for working with the horses. Occasionally, a ranch will hire a non-U.S. citizen for a wait staff, housekeeping or kitchen staff position. Foreign persons seeking employment must be able to speak English well enough to understand guests and the employer. They must also have a work permit for the U.S.A. Please contact the U.S. Embassy for information on work permits. The Dude Ranchers' Association is not able to help in obtaining work permits for those looking for dude ranch employment opportunities.
U.S. students often contact the association seeking internship positions. The Dude Ranchers' Association has no formal internship program but a number of our member ranchers have been willing to negotiate with students for internship positions as a part of their seasonal employment. Students interested in such positions may utilize the opportunities listed below.
Options for DRA Assistance in Seeking Dude Ranch Employment
To assist the many students and others seeking employment, the Association is offering the following
1. Upon request, we will send the Dude Ranchers' Association Directory. All 100+ member ranches are listed, along with their contact information, programs and amenities. Interested individuals may contact each ranch themselves.
2. The Dude Rancher's Association also publishes a newsletter that is sent directly to all member ranches. For a US$10 fee, you may place an employment wanted ad in one issue. Many ranchers refer to the ads published in the newsletter when hiring. There are no guarantees, but it is a good, inexpensive way to contact all member ranchers at the same time.
Send us your name, address, phone number, dates of availability, type of position(s) sought and 2-3 sentences describing your experience or qualifications along with the US$10 fee to: The Dude Ranchers' Association Newsletter, P.O. Box 2307, Cody, WY 82414. Payment must be received before the ad will appear.