Location: Paradise Guest Ranch – Wyoming
Description of Duties:
Should have all of the wrangler attributes as well as substantial packing experience. Camp cooking and fly fishing skills are a definite plus. Should have experience with teams as well as pack strings and be good with kids and teenagers.
Wrangler Attributes: Looking for hardworking, enthusiastic, responsible horsemen and horsewomen. Must have strong people skills and substantial horse experience. They should be versatile and open-minded enough to take part in other jobs related to the ranch as well as ranch activities.
Wrangler duties include but are not limited to:
– Conditioning horses in the spring to get them ready for the season
– AM and PM feeding of horses in the corrals
– Gathering horses from pasture in the morning (what we refer to as jingling)
– Saddling guest horses in the morning and afternoon (we can have as many as 70-80 horses to groom/tack up)
– Leading guests of all ages on trails throughout Bighorn National Forest
– Riding your string of 3-4 horses
– Giving riding lessons to guests
– Attending nightly activities with guests, such as Tuesday swing dance and Saturday square dance, and serving chuck wagon dinner on Fridays (don’t worry if you don’t know how to swing or square dance)
**As a wrangler, you will also be responsible for bringing your own tack–i.e. western saddle (non-synthetic and with horn), back cinch, breast collar, rope halter, saddle pad, headstall/bridle, and bit(s). You can purchase some of these items when you get here, but just know that the ranch does not lend tack out.
Experience with heavy machinery (i.e. skid steer) desired but not mandatory.
On-site housing is provided by the ranch and room & board are worked into your salary. This means you do not have to pay for utilities and you are provided three meals a day.
Shoeing and/or roping experience desired.
Type of work: Seasonal
Dates: May 15, 2022 – September 25, 2022
How To Apply: Apply via our website at http://www.paradiseranch.com/about-pgr/dude-ranch-jobs