Location: Bar W Guest Ranch – Montana
Description of Duties:
Reports To: Equine Director
Pay Range: $20-$26
General Responsibilities: Responsible in assisting the Equine Director in the oversight of the Bar W guest package horse program and Public Trail Rides. This individual will help create a culture of hospitality that goes above and beyond for our guests.
• Lead, manage and hold accountable the members of your team.
• In charge of the schedule and payroll approval for wrangler staff.
• Assist in the hiring, termination, and performance evaluation of your team.
• Assist the Equine Director to develop riding programs and then ensure proper implementation of the programs with your staff.
• Assist the Equine and Program Directors in creating weekly schedules for the guests.
• Create or Edit Equine SOP’s and oversee the execution of these practices
• Keep safety at the forefront of horse related policies and guidelines.
• Daily implementation of care and feeding of all ranch animals and livestock per the Equine Directors instruction.
• Connect with guests to ensure they are getting the most out of their riding experience.
• Inform the Equine Director on needed feed.
• Inform the Equine Director of issues with horses and tack.
• Inform the Equine Director if livestock needs veterinary, dental, farrier services.
• Schedule wranglers to assist Equine Director with dragging the arena, moving hay, etc.
• Handle the logistics for guest package off site equine activities (single day cattle drives, full day rides, etc.).
• Follow the process and procedure for any horse, guest, or staff incidents.
• Assign each guest a horse from the pool of horses available from the Equine Director.
• Be available to take rides out if needed.
• Ensure fencing is in good condition.
• Good people and communication skills.
• Hook up trucks, inspect truck and trailer, and drive a truck and trailer.
• Basic computer skills – Excel, Word
• Maintain a presentable western cowhand image around guests.
• Have a First Aid and CPR certification prior to arrival.
• Be a confident rider and comfortable around horses. Have working knowledge of horses, tack, and ranch work.
• Be a self-starter and team player who can lead by example and capable of providing clear direction to wranglers, staff, and guests.
• Live by the Bar W core values.
• Be a Team Player (Humble, Hungry, and Smart)
Type of work: Year Round
How To Apply:Visit www.thebarw.com/about-our-montana-dude-ranch/dude-ranch-jobs/