Location: Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch – New Mexico
Horse Experience Necessary! 1 VERSATILE Person Needed for Wrangler Position at Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch! (+ Free Housing and Meals!)
Come join the Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch team in our beautiful area of southwest New Mexico, located at 6,500 feet elevation in the ponderosa pines. Explore the canyons, creeks, forests, and mountains of the Gila National Forest!
We are looking to hire one unique, energetic individual who wants it all: dramatic scenery, versatile work, independent living, and a truly memorable 2021 season in the mountains of southwest New Mexico!
We are looking for someone who has horse experience and is comfortable working with and training young, fresh, energetic, spooky, and/or rank horses.
The best way to have a good time is to show others a good time – Help us give our guests the best vacation they have ever had!
We are looking for someone to start work immediately and work until the end of November. We will consider applicants with the right experience who can only work for the summer.
We are a small ranch (16 guests max) and we are very remote. You need to have your own transportation to work here and be comfortable with long periods away from town/city life. If you are an independent person who enjoys others’ company as well as time alone when working and during time off, this may be the job for you! Again, we are very remote, 2 hours from the nearest town. We cannot accommodate pets or personal horses.
$2,500/month salary, plus a share of tip pool and room and board included. Eating our chef’s delicious meals with our guests is a huge bonus! Satellite TV and limited Wi-Fi are included. The total value of this entire package is at least $5,000/month. Incentives are available for returning for more than one season!
A job at our ranch requires a fast learner and a motivated self-starter. Versatility and flexibility are needed for this job’s multiple roles. Fitness and strength are necessary for this very active job! Working on a ranch consists of long hours, not your typical 9-5. One day off per week maximum. You will be able to hike and explore our beautiful area during your time off! Staff must be well-groomed, flexible, able to take constructive criticism and be a team player. Western attire is required.
We are hiring 1 person to do multiple tasks. Here are some of the things you will be expected to do:
• Working with and training new horses to become guest horses. Must have experience and feel comfortable working with young, fresh, energetic, spooky, and/or rank horses.
• Wrangler: Leading or following rides with guests as necessary. Must be a quick learner – you will need to learn our trails, how we do everything and about our horses within 1-2 weeks of arrival! Must be flexible and willing to do things our way. Must pay close attention to guests’ safety. If you have current Wilderness First Aid training that is a huge bonus!
• Horse Care: Loading and unloading hay (must be able to lift multiple 80 lb bales!), feeding, doctoring, brushing, saddling multiple horses, picking multiple horses feet, scooping lots of poop!
• Ranch work: Cleaning, oiling tack and boots, fixing fence, painting, staining, other maintenance, watering flowers, anything else that needs to be done!
• Hiking: Guiding some trips to Archeological and Historical sites and scenic viewpoints as guests desire.
• Server: Helping set up for meals, serving meals to the guests, and cleaning up after meals.
• Housekeeping: Helping clean the 4 ranch cabins once a week after each group of guests leaves and cleaning other ranch buildings as necessary at least once a week. Attention to detail is necessary. This task will be shared with one other staff member.
• Entertaining and spending time with the guests: during the day as well as evening campfires, line dancing, games or movies as they desire until 10 PM each evening.
• One Person, Many Hats! We are looking to hire a positive, hardworking, and energetic individual!
Please look at our website www.geronimoranch.com to learn more about the ranch.
*Please read all the above information very carefully!*
• Cover letter – what applicable experience do you have and why would you be an asset to our operation?
• Video of you riding and working with horses.
• Earliest date you can start work at the ranch?
• References – written letters or contact information for 3 former employers.
ALL info required to be considered.
We, unfortunately, cannot accommodate personal horses, pets, spouses, or families. Thank you for understanding.
Type of work: Seasonal
More Information: www.geronimoranch.com