Colorado is famous for being the center of the Rocky Mountains. It is also a central destination of Western travelers with the ease of access and number of flights to and from the Denver International Airport and connections to the Aspen, Durango and Colorado Springs airports. While you are making your travel plans you might also consider slipping into any corner of the state on highways and byways. Once you arrive you will soon feel the warm invitation of a vacation oasis. There are things to do year round here that can be found at the most convenient of destinations - a dude ranch. Not only a destination for horse enthusiast, but also for the most specific of recreational fun.
- Fisherman can enjoy the North Fork of the South Platte River when they are not rafting, back-country hiking or trapshooting at the North Fork Ranch.
- Rock Climbers can take a break from the rock wall to have a round of frisbee golf, volley ball and a turn on the zip line at the Wind River Ranch.
- Mountain bikers can take a break from the world class trails of the Majestic Dude Ranch to play a round of paint ball or laser tag.
- Environmental Enthusiasts can learn about Laramie River's sustainable ranching, natural horsemanship and cattle work.
- Bride and Grooms can be assured that there is something to do for destination wedding guests of all ages, from the youngest to the oldest of the extended family at the Tumbling River Ranch.
A Colorado Vacation at the Ranch
North Fork Ranch, Shawnee, Colorado
The North Fork River is alive with trout. One cast might produce a fourteen inch brown trout, the next might be a three pound rainbow. This water is known for BIG fish.
Tumbling River Ranch, Grant, Colorado
What about teenagers? At Tumbling River, teens have the best situation of anyone. Teens at the ranch can participate in all activities, with or without parents.
Wind River Ranch, Estes Park, Colorado
Wind River Ranch is outfitted with a one-of-a-kind challenging par 3 Frisbee golf course. Designed by the legendary Kyle Ford in 1997, the current course record is 13 under. The ranch also has a wonderful kids program to involve your little ones.
Majestic Dude Ranch, Mancos, Colorado
With the ranch open in the winter and summer, you're not just booking a room at the Majestic Dude Ranch, you're planning an outdoor adventure.
Laramie River Ranch, Jelm, Colorado
Try your hand at team penning at the Laramie River Ranch. The object is to separate (or "cut") one or more steers from the larger group and move them across the corral and in to a holding pen. Sounds easy, doesn't it?
Click on the map below to interact with the Colorado Dude Ranch Map or call the Dude Ranchers' Association for more information at 307.587.2339.